1. When can I apply for the CIF?
The CIF is open for applications throughout the year. Applications should be submitted at least six weeks before the project start date.
2. How do I submit an application?
Applications can be submitted through the NIC Website, together with the project budget form and supporting documents.
3. How will I know if my application has been received?
You will see a confirmation page after you submit your application, where you can also download a copy of the completed form for your reference. You will also receive an acknowledgement email confirming that your application has been successfully submitted. Please note the application number assigned to your project for reference.
4. My organisation has a CIF application in progress. Will I need to resubmit the application form online?
Applications emailed to email@example.com before the online form was launched will still be processed by NIC Secretariat. However, all new applications, including those for projects that were previously supported by the CIF, must be submitted through the online form.
5. Can I apply for more than one project at a time? Is there a limit to the number of applications submitted in a year?
There is no limit to the number of applications you may submit. However, the total sum awarded to any one particular organisation at a time will be taken in consideration in the application assessment.
6. Is there a minimum number or ratio of locals and foreigners each project should target to reach?
Projects that reach out to an inclusive mix of participants from diverse backgrounds will be favourably considered. Nonetheless, participant profile is only one consideration, and projects are assessed holistically on a range of criteria, from alignment with the CIF objectives to programme design.
7. When will I receive the funding?
The grant is given on a reimbursement basis. Funds will be disbursed within a month upon the satisfactory submission of all required documents for reimbursement and clarifications.
8. What documents do I need to submit to seek reimbursement from CIF for the supported project?
The required documents are:
a. Statement of project accounts
b. Certified True or original supporting receipts/invoices for income and expenditures
c. CIF-format project evaluation report
d. CIF-format feedback forms completed by at least two local-born participants and two new immigrants
e. At least 5 event photographs
f. Any other documentation as requested by the NIC
9. Can I seek other sources of funding?
As the CIF is a co-funding scheme, applicants can seek other sources of income, including other forms of sponsorship, donations, ticket sales, or registration fees. Applicants will need to declare all income when seeking reimbursement from the CIF. Please note that any non-declaration of income can cause the funding to be withheld or withdrawn.